Studio and Landscape Classes
What’s going on in my studio here in the River Arts District?
Classes and workshops range from regular and weekly instruction, open studio, to occasional workshops geared to special topics and techniques–underpainting, materials, color mixing, using oil mediums, drawing with a brush Students may also have work on display.
Learn more and join our community of painters…
If you are interested in joining a class, let’s talk. We can schedule you for private lessons at your convenience. Our studio schedule varies around my off-site teaching, painting trips, and the winter weather.
Weekly: We are teaching limited to two students, masked and with social distancing.
- Monday, Tuesday,Wednesday and Friday mornings, 10am – 1pm
- Thursday: 6- 9 pm Drawing, intro to oils.
- Studio Workshops, quarterly: DIY Make your own Panels, Mediums.
- Private Instruction: 3 – 5 days.
- Workshops: 1 – 5 day workshops at schools and for art groups of all levels.
- Covid19 restrictions will apply until mandate is lifted by local and state health authorities. Please be vaccinated.
Events, like the weather, are subject to change. Please contact us for before you visit by phone or text.
Some topics include materials and techniques for oils or acrylics: introduction to oils; advanced techniques in oils; enlarging your work; color and pigments; developing a personal palette; landscape on location.
If you are interested in viewing my work beyond what you see here. Studio gallery has in-progress paintings, student’s and finished work on display.
During Covid-19 and until further notice, studio is open by appointment. Please contact me by phone or tex. Currently masks are required by Buncombe County and in our building with over sixty studios to visit.
We share the space with the other tenants in the building and their work is also on display and studios are open for visitors. 9am – 5pm.